Intro

"Life begins at 40" they say. But I say why wait? Over the next 18 months I will be working towards reaching 10 goals. Join me on my journey before I reach that big (and scary) FOUR-OH

Sunday 22 April 2012

We all have our odd little quirks, right?


I don’t have much to blog from these last couple of weeks, not pertaining to my goals anyway but this morning one of my little quirks got the better of me and gave me a laugh so I thought I’d share.

It’s been tough health-wise since returning home from Spain and my training for the Citylauf on 11th May has ground to a shuddering halt. (I’m still determined to take part but it will be at a slow jog-walk-jog-walk pace.) 

Anyhow, this week-end has been extremely painful and I spent all of yesterday in bed. We had arranged to have one of our darling “adopted” nieces stay with us so Matt had to take over and run the show. I ate supper with them but that was all L so after a busy day of joining in the work-day at church, shopping and swimming Matt dutifully puts all the wet towels in the washing machine and sits down to watch a film. This morning I realize that he only pegged out half the load of washing - half is better than nothing right? - so I got the rest and began pegging it out.


Now, those who know me well, know I have some little OCD tendencies, one being that each item of washing should always have the same coloured pegs! (I know, I know, I alphabetize my books and DVD/CD’s too.) So I didn’t annoy me that Matt had only done half the job it was his choice of pegs that got to me. Painful as it was to raise my arm above my head, there I was re-pegging towels with matching pegs! Laugh all you want, because I'm laughing too.

However, weird as that may be, it’s not a bizarre as Shannon getting Matt to watch Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2! 


No comments:

Post a Comment