Intro

"Life begins at 40" they say. But I say why wait? Over the next 18 months I will be working towards reaching 10 goals. Join me on my journey before I reach that big (and scary) FOUR-OH

Friday 1 July 2011

Sail the 7 seas, tickle the ivories and throw myself off a cliff!

These three are purely fun personal goals. Although I was born and breed less than 2 miles from the shore I never learned to sail. Paddling about in an inflatable dingy on holiday doesn’t count! I have no intention of following Tracy Edwards or Ellen MacArther in circumnavigating the globe, but to jibe and tack across a lake or round a Greek island in the summer sounds like fun don’t you think! One of my best friends offered her husband to teach me to sail but that would be in the Celtic Sea/ Severn Estuary so unless I can find a heated wet suit………..Nnnnoooooooooo! Don’t, do, cold :/

One of the things I love about visiting my in-laws is that my father-in-law is hardly ever off the piano. Having a musical accompaniment to everyday life is rather lovely, cooking with Chopin, reading with Rossini and chatting to Tchaikovsky. I started learning the piano as a child but was very shy and would only practice with the door tightly shut or preferably when no one was home, eventually I gave up. I now regret that decision but have never done anything about it. So it’s time for action. Just this week a friend told me she is moving and offered me first refusal on her piano once she’s had it valued, Matt’s comment was “Well I’m not being involved with carrying it up 4 flights of stairs!!!” 

Staying on the subject of Mr H, this last fun goal will give him scary tingly feelings in his feet just at the thought. Paragliding!


There is a school at the Achensee –Tirol, so Matt can keep his feet firmly on the ground (under the kitchen table) drinking coffee at the Plattner house whilst I jump off the top of a mountain. J


This is what my next birthday present should look like Matt!


No comments:

Post a Comment