Intro

"Life begins at 40" they say. But I say why wait? Over the next 18 months I will be working towards reaching 10 goals. Join me on my journey before I reach that big (and scary) FOUR-OH

Thursday 9 June 2011

The joy of giving!

Number 1 on my list of goals is to raise as much money as possible and give it all away. Setting the target of 40,000€ ties in with the ‘40’ theme and is quite a huge project, if fact I’m even wondering if it’s too much. Anyway even if I only manage 39,500€ it’d better than nothing right?. LOL! Whatever sum is raised will be split 50/50 with half going to a local charity and half going to children’s’ charities in the developing world.

It’s not an original idea by any means (in fact none of them are). For their millennium project, the village where we lived in Scotland, Dunscore, raised over £15000. £11000 was given to Water Aid in Ethiopia and the rest used for local projects and I recently read about a lady who decided to use her 40th year to do 40 charitable acts and raised over $60,000!!!!!  http://immd.icanhascheezburger.com/2011/05/24/funny-win-story-immd-news-of-the-day-59/ 

So, now just I need to find creative a fun ways to reach that target. One thing I am a little concerned about is not getting in a muddle with the German tax office etc etc. I’m not looking forward to having to get my head around the joys of charity bureaucracy :/ Neija , it can’t all be fun and games!

No comments:

Post a Comment