Intro

"Life begins at 40" they say. But I say why wait? Over the next 18 months I will be working towards reaching 10 goals. Join me on my journey before I reach that big (and scary) FOUR-OH

Monday 13 June 2011

Lose 30 kg & run a 5k

No-one could say I’m malnourished but just dieting without doing a little sport will only get me so far. In any case I need to work on my overall health so these 2 goals will work well together.

I do have a couple of health issues that are going to make this more difficult but I’m not going to use them as an excuse for laziness any more. A lingering (grumbling) back injury from a car accident as well as fibromyalgia (a chronic pain illness) are rather limiting and frustrating. Progress is often 2 steps forward, 1 step back. In addition - perhaps because of - depression snaps at my heels and then life can be like walking through mud for days.

My pain doctor recommended power walking, which I do occasionally. Now I need to turn that occasionally into regularly and I’ll be on my way to running that 5k. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I know you can do this! Girl, I feel for you and know it isn't easy to have pain. But we know God will make a way.

    Do you remember Alice's couch to 5k program? Maybe you could use that. I am going to download it today for the ladies I am training for the 5k here. It is the 26th. I wanted to run but the ladies Aren't ready yet. We may be able to run some of it.

    Pray for me too, as I have constant lower back and Hip (sciatic) pain lately.

    Praying for ya!
    Ps .. I would love to announce your log on the fitness blog too. I think it would be a great encouragement for the other ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani - I am looking at some different 5k programs so if you can send me the link that would be great.
    Sure, put my blog on the FFF blog, I didn't want to "push" it myself, especially as I haven't been active on the site this last challenge.

    Will be praying for you girly. If the pain keeps up you should go get some physio from the Doctors.

    ReplyDelete